Jesus Lino - Week 4

Hello everyone,

This week was the last week of MOLAA’s Summer Art and Culture Camp. I spent this week mainly focusing on the camp once again. I interacted with the kids who attended this last week of camp as well as the counselors, the student volunteers who assist with the camp. Like the other two weeks, my main assignment this week was to prepare for the camp’s open house by assisting teachers with anything they needed for the open house, creating the certificates, and preparing the slide show.

This week, I also had my community outreach activity at the Central Public Library in downtown Los Angeles. Although reading to kids was a new experience for me, I really enjoyed being able to facilitate an activity for little kids. At first, I thought that I was going to struggle with engaging with the kids. However, thanks to my experience with MOLAA, working with kids was pretty easy. I enjoyed doing the community outreach activity and hope to do one again in the future.

My experience in MOLAA so far has basically shown me the amount of work that goes into planning events, whether it is a summer camp or a community festival. I noticed how much time goes into planning for events this week when I saw the number of meetings that my supervisors had to attend. Overall, my experience at MOLAA so far has taught me how to educate and engage with kids, as I mentioned before in previous blog posts. I continue to see how Latino contributions are celebrated and presented, which brings me joy knowing that my own culture isn’t being ignored.

Now that the museum’s camp ended, I am curious as to what assignments I will have to do. I am pretty sure they will be fun, though. I am sad that next week is my last week. Being an intern for MOLAA has been fun, and the people I have met so far are AMAZING. Week 5, here I come.

-Jesus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5, Daniela Talamantes Martinez, SAMA

Week #2 - Ariela Algaze