Mayahuel Garcia Post 4

Hello
This week at Arte Americas, I continued working on organizing newspapers for their History project. It is pretty tedious work but it's interesting finding articles from before I was born. I find myself getting distracted sometimes as I stop to read some of the articles. I also got to see their storage downstairs from past exhibits they held. I got to see some interesting pieces from Mexico from Rebozo festivals they held for Mothers day and other items they kept from a textile exhibit. 


Monday, there was a small event held for students from an organization called ARC (Adventure Risk Challenge). They are a youth development programs that combines outdoor activities with an educational program that targets low-income youth from communities in the Central Valley. The students shared their poems at the event and all of them were incredible. The students were very courageous as they took that opportunity to be vulnerable in front of a group of people they have never meet. It's great to see a program like this and see the impact it has on the participants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5, Daniela Talamantes Martinez, SAMA

Week #2 - Ariela Algaze