MIM Week #4

My last week at MIM is bittersweet. I feel like it's only been a few days instead of four weeks! This week I finalized the translation of chaperone guides and had it checked over with Niki, Cristina, and Ileana. It's awesome that the education department has decided to make this small but impactful part of field trips available in Spanish; I'm sure it'll be greatly appreciated throughout the year by schools. I worked on a project along with Niki, for a STEM segment MIM wants to add to the field trip portions. The project consists of rope, hot glue, key chains, and musical instrument tags. It will be used to show the exact length of that instrument, for example the length of a trombone when it is completely uncoiled. Two prototypes were made and they'll choose between which works best for children.  I also learned how to laminate during this project and how to prepare receipts to be sent to finance. After receiving and answering many emails regarding the Back to School Refresher for guides, I got to put a face with the name on Friday. Niki gave a presentation for guides on the new things that MIM and tours will be doing and some slight changes that were made. It was cool to hear about how awesome an awesome job guides have been doing and the new things the upcoming 2017-2018 year will bring. Today was my goodbye lunch because my last day is tomorrow. It was so nice ! Lunch was on Brian (many thanks) and it was great to hear Randi, Niki, Daniel, and Brian's "wise words of wisdom" about college haha. Tomorrow is Teacher's Preview Day and I am excited to see what it's like! The baskets are full of back to school goodies and will be raffled tomorrow.  As a future educator, I am glad MIM does so much for teachers. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5, Daniela Talamantes Martinez, SAMA

Week #2 - Ariela Algaze