Atlanta History Center-Getzamany's Blog Post #4

Saludos,

This was my last week at the Atlanta History Center. I feel blessed that I was able to work with a museum in my community that has a such a remarkable reputation. Additionally, to have had the opportunity to meet adults who work incredibly hard for the success of the museum has kept me inspired. Throughout my internship, I had the pleasure to work with summer camps, but most importantly for the public programming of the NUEVOlution exhibit in January. To be working on a project that basically, in essence, is about me -in the sense that it’s about the new Latino south- was such an honor. I felt a sense of responsibility to give my insight to the project as a way to speak for my community. I also felt proud to meet and work with the people who have been working on this project for the past year. I simply can’t wait for its debut and helping out with it during the winter since I know it will have such a large impact in Atlanta’s community. Overall, working with the Atlanta History Center was a pleasant experience, and I would have enjoyed to having more work to do throughout the month. Yet, my time interning at the museum has come to an end and time has definitely flown by! I start college in two weeks?!

Being part of YAP and interning at the Atlanta History Center has helped me become more confident in my ability, and see how achievable my dreams are. Part of it was seeing how other Latinas have done so in the past despite their hardships. Therefore, I want to thank the Young Ambassadors Program for giving me this amazing opportunity. I can’t wait to see what I’ve learned with YAP will help me through college and future summer opportunities. It truly has been one of my most productive summers, and because of it, I have a better direction for next chapter of my life. Finally, I am lucky to have met such brilliant people and look forward to keeping in touch with people at the AHC and YAP for many years to come. I'm so proud to be a part of the YAP familia. While Washington Week has passed and now my internship has too we need need to remember we are Latinxs Presente!

one of my favorite parts of the AHC - the greenery & the Swan House

All the best,
Getzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5, Daniela Talamantes Martinez, SAMA

Week #2 - Ariela Algaze