Crystal Vargas Blog #4

Hi everyone,

The last week of my internship was not as busy as the others but I did notice that I interacted with guests a whole lot more. At the start of my internship, I had worked in similar settings with guests but had not engaged with them at the same level. By interacting with kids of all ages, I learned how they reacted with strangers talking to them. There were some kids that would simply ignore you when you tried to talk to them but there were others that would keep a conversation going.

This week I had the chance to actually prepare all the spaces for the day which is pretty standard but I would get there kind of  because of public transportation. During this extra time, I took pictures of the space where I primarily spent my time which will be below.




On the last day, I had the chance to reflect on the things that worked and things that could be improved with the internship experience. One idea we talked about was how the idea time seemed slow at first but then one becomes accustomed so time seems faster. At the beginning of my internship, the days seemed pretty slow when I was on the main floor but as I felt more comfortable with the guests the day went by faster. I also thought that by sitting in on the programming/marketing meeting made me feel included in the program they were planning. Although I will not be here during the solar eclipse on August 21, it was cool to hear the plans for that day. Some things that was quite hard was controlling the days when very large field trips would visit the museum. We would constantly have to restock items and monitor some of the machines.


All in all, I really enjoyed working with all the people on the main floor. It was such an amazing team! They were so welcoming and friendly when I joined their team. They made a small get together right before I left which was very kind of them. On the last day I actually met the president of the museum because he had been on vacation. He actually got a degree at USC which is kind of funny since I'll be enrolled there.This internship improved various skills and I got to meet new people.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5, Daniela Talamantes Martinez, SAMA

Week #2 - Ariela Algaze

TBH Final Blog