Mayahuel Garcia Post 5

Hello

Today was my last day at Arte Americas. This week was not that busy and I continued to work on organizing newspaper files like I had mentioned in my last post. Since I don't have much to say about the final week, I will take the opportunity to reflect on my experience with the programs. Being apart of this program has really impacted me in ways that I could have never imagined. With my time at Arte Americas and during Washington week, I have been able to grow stronger in my communications skills. This is something I've e always felt has been a burden for me as I try to become a strong leader.  I was able to practice my networking skills in Washington DC and use that while interning at Arte Americas. I would talk with our guest or work with people I had never met before. Small things like this helped me become more comfortable when talking to strangers. I got to see myself grow in short span of time. I remember being extremely nervous during the presentation of our project and having shaky hands. Today, I gave a short speech for a program's fundraiser that I was previously a part of. I was able to get up there and give a speech without feeling uncomfortable. It was probably the first time I've talked to a room of people without feeling my hands get uncontrollably shaky and feel my face get red. I'm glad that I have over come this fear of public speaking before heading into college. I no longer feel worried about my future as I know I can continue to grow as an individual. If I was able to get over this fear that I've had for as long as I can remember, I think I can survive college. I want to thank everyone that is involved in YAP and can't wait to see what we will all accomplish in the future. 

Thank you
Mayahuel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5, Daniela Talamantes Martinez, SAMA

Week #2 - Ariela Algaze

TBH Final Blog