Hello,
I started my internship in the middle of this week and have been lucky enough to start with small chores. Most of the staff were on vacation so I didn't get to meet everyone. At Talento Billingue de Houston, they host events like film showings and art exhibitions. They focus on new artists from different athnicitues but more on the Latino communities. I have done flyers for upcoming theater shows and organized the accounting records and translated some documents from English to Spanish. Being at this cultural organization, I realized how much money and time it takes to keep an educational center running. I also realized that being bilingual is extremely important because most people, including latinos, don't know Spanish. I'm excited for next week because the summer arts camp for kids will be returning from break and that means I get to help more, meet new people, and be with the kids.
Kassandra

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5, Daniela Talamantes Martinez, SAMA

Week #2 - Ariela Algaze

TBH Final Blog